REAPER is an advanced digital audio workstation that stands for Rapid Environment for Audio Production, Engineering and Recording. It is the product of Cockos developers. It has been updated in March 2017 and the developers keep on updating it to introduce new features. It lets you easily manage, record, edit, mix and render multi-track waveform audio files. It has a very much user friendly graphical interface and one needs to have a quick look at its menu bars to understand the working of each option.
One of the most prominent features of REAPER is that you can use it in portable mode so you need not to install it for saving your system memory. When you choose to go for installation option then you must agree with its terms and conditions and choose the location folder for installation. It lets you choose the additional components that you need to install along with the main tool. The components include multiple optional functionalities, shortcut icons and association with RPP files. The product installation process finishes soon.
REAPER is a strong tool that supports various formats of audio files. It can be used easily by new or experienced users. It can be installed on your PC or used in portable mode. It offers various editing functions such as trim, split, resize, fade, shift, stretch, loop and many more in audio files. You can record new audio with the help of microphone and can merge multiple recordings into a single file. It provides routing facility to send audio to other systems or hardware. It performs all operations at a very fast speed.
• Unlimited multiband EQ with draggable nodes.
• Graphical FFT EQ/dynamics processing.
• Technical and multiband compression.
• Flexible, open-format convolution reverb.
• Drag and drop to import, arrange, and render.
• Apply FX in real time, or non-destructively render FX output.
• Freely mix audio, MIDI, video, still image media on any track.
• Easily manage tempo, time signature, and varispeed changes.
• ReWire (audio and MIDI) any capable application for even more flexibility.
• Fully automatic plug-in delay compensation (PDC).
• Sidechain any plug-in, even if the plug-in does not natively support sidechaining.
• Easily extensible. Develop simple macros or complex extensions in Lua, EEL, or Python.
• Insert almost any third-party audio or MIDI plug-in: VST, VSTi, DX, DXi, AU (OSX only), JS.
The GUI of this tool lets you work on audio files by creating new projects or project labs by using built-in templates. You can export projects or tracks, group items, adjust their settings, convert batch files or items and render projects to disks. It lets you cut or copy items on the basis of time selection, insert instruments or media files, use time signature, adjust MIDI track controls, choose record mode, synchronize external time code, enable auto cross-fade, enable ripple edit and enable or disable the display of different panels.
The minimum system hardware requirements for smooth running of REAPER software consist of 500 MHz CPU, 1 GB RAM, 10 MB free hard disk space, compatible soundcard, microphone and 800×600 screen resolution in 256 color scheme. It requires XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 versions of Microsoft Windows OS, 10.5 or later versions of Mac OS X or Wine software for using it on UNIX based operating systems.
REAPER is a professional tool that helps computer users to handle their music collections in an efficient manner. It allows users to add different files in a single project and apply different effects to them or merge them into a single audio file. It provides user with more than a 100 audio effects. It is a licensed product and can be purchased online or given a try during 60 days of evaluation period for free.
Homepage – http://www.reaper.fm